HISTORY

The Farmers & Merchants Bank of Kendall became a reality on June 2, 1913 when Articles of Incorporation were executed.  On September 5, 1913, a warranty deed was acquired from Charles and Ellen Rieck. 

The Great Depression caused much hardship and disaster to many, with banking being no exception.  The Farmers and Merchants Bank of Kendall was reorganized in 1931 and has continued to be a vital part of the community to this date.

In 1969, the interior of the bank was extensively remodeled and a single-story addition made to the east side of the building in 1982.

As time took its toll on neighboring businesses, the bank purchased the land in order to offer additional parking space for customers and employees.

On February 22, 1988, a branch office was opened in Hustler in the building originally housing the Hustler State Bank.  On April 13, 1992, the bank purchased more land across the street where the former Wood’s Hardware store once stood.  The bank donated the land back to the village and today is the home of Kendall’s own Central Park.

In 2000, the bank again underwent major changes inside and out as a new addition was erected expanding the space available for customers and employees.  A constant reminder of our history and resilience can still be seen on the cornerstone of the bank building which bears the date 1913.

On June 10, 2013, the Farmers & Merchants Bank of Kendall purchased what was formerly known as Community State Bank in Norwalk, Wisconsin with a branch in Wilton, Wisconsin.  The Farmers & Merchants Bank of Kendall has been a privately-owned community bank for over 100 years.  We would like to sincerely thank our customers for their continued patronage and for making this milestone possible.  As we go forward, it is our goal to continue to be a vital part of the community and provide the kind of service our customers have come to expect.